1.)Tell us about your current role and designation at Mind Tree?
I am an analytics manager at Mind Tree Consulting.
2. Describe a typical day at work.
Work is about creating solutions for clients in the field of analytics. So, my day is spent helping clients understand their performance in the market, penetration and providing insights into how they can optimize spending to get better return on investment in promotions, new launches and outlet sales.
3. Please share with us three things you like and dislike about your job?
I like my job content. There is strategy and action for business leaders that make it an interesting assignment. I also like the travel element in my role.
I dislike creating documents on projects and co-ordination across geographies, but it’s not that bad.
4. What are the two most important skills required to be successful in your particular field? How can an MBA student work toward it?
Good understanding of statistics/advanced stats. Learning and using tools like Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) and Statistical Product and Service Solutions (SPSS).
5. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself as part of the senior management of a large enterprise.
6. Do you have a word of advice for KIAMS students?
Make good use of the resources and time you have while on campus. Life will be easier if you toil now.
7. Describe an interesting incident during your student life which you would like to share with the students.
I don’t quite remember anything that stands out! Sorry.