There are few decisions in your life that can alter its course completely. For all management hopefuls it’s the one where you choose the B School. If you have made up your mind to pursue your management goals then you have given your entrance exams your best shot. However in spite of doing well in the entrance tests, it has been seen that many aspirants falter because they pick the wrong management institute. If you want to avoid that mistake then here are a few things you have to bear in mind.
A B School creates a solid platform for you irrespective of your individual aspirations. You can go on to have successful corporate careers, choose to become entrepreneurs or thought leaders in your respective fields. But it all begins with the management institute you pick. Here are a few steps you can follow to choose The Right MBA College.
- First step in the right direction for you is doing your research about its reputation. That’s something you can either do online or by speaking to your seniors. B School rankings from renowned publications also give you a good idea.
- There are many B Schools all over the country that are backed by industrial houses that have made their mark over the years. Their support is valuable to the B School and your learning, not only when it comes to infrastructure but expert guidance as well.
- College brochures, websites will also give you a fair idea about the learning environment you will have at a campus. B Schools set in serene surroundings have the luxury of space, which works to your advantage. You will also learn in gorgeous environs that are quite relaxing.
- It’s not necessary that you have your specialization in mind when you pick the B School but having a rough idea can help you identify the program you want to pursue. Look for B Schools that offer these programs and whether they are comprehensive enough.
- There are many aspirants who like to take things in their own hands and visit the campuses of management institutes they have zeroed in on. It’s a good strategy because you know more about the infrastructure and amenities you will be working with.
- It’s also important to look at the faculty team at the institute because they are the ones who will help you learn management concepts and put them into practice. A seasoned faculty team with industry experience adds a lot of value to your learning.
- Another important aspect of learning at top B Schools is the industry exposure you get. Try and find out what are the initiatives taken by an institute to encourage industry interaction, live projects, summer internship placements etc.
- The placement record of the institute is another crucial factor that has to be taken into account. Pay due attention to colleges that are honest and transparent about their placement reports, the companies that visit the campus etc.
These steps will lead you towards the Right MBA College for you. KIAMS – India’s top ranked MBA college in Pune and Karnataka. Backed by Kirloskar group, KIAMS opened PGDM colleges in India’s top places like Pune, Maharashtra & Harihar, Karnataka.